Zaha Hadid : Well-Known amidst Students

   In my university , when we mention about  Zaha Hadid , everybody must acknowledge her. She is a female architect , makes every single female students proud of her.She represents the power of women in this era.



   Let me brief a little bit about Zaha Hadid . She is  Iraqi-British , born in Baghdad , was studying at Architectural Association School of Architecture, London and currently she is Professor at the University of Applied Arts Vienna in Austria.
   She has her own architectural firm , 'Zaha Hadid Architects' which  is over 350 people strong, headquartered in a Victorian former school building in Clerkenwell, London. 
     Besides Architecture , she also done other non-architectural works such as  high-profile interior work, including the Mind Zone and Feet zone at the Millennium Dome in London & she also collaborated with the clothing brand  Lacoste & Mellisa (Brazil brand of plastic shoes) , to create a new, high fashion, and advanced shoes ( Which mean she is also a fashion designer ) .



 Madrid

Cairo Expo City

Chicago Pavilion

Stonewalls Egypt

Hoxton Square

Aura Sculpture



Interior at St. Anthony




Zaha Hadid X Lacoste 


Zaha Hadid X Melissa


Info & Pics taken from wikipedia.org ,designsdelight.com & ifitshipitshere.blogspot.com

ZahaHadid is a Queen !


2 comments:

  1. Salam Ash-Ralph

    Just found out your blog (through link on wordpress hits), and I see passion on how you write, and how you narrate your dreams.

    Thats really good.

    For me, passion speaks louder than skills. Do what you love, don't worry about skills, it will surely follow you up.

    By the way, speaking about Zaha Hadid, yeah of course we recognize her as a well-known architect. For me, her popularity in architecture world is because how she make use of technology to her parametric architectural design.

    I'm more to Poetic architectural endeavor. I dislike random shapes, which so many people inspired nowadays. For me, every single design I made must have the sense of purpose, sense of journey and there must have an end-story.

    (like a poem which I usually translate them in design :D)

    Well, for architects, they can have different approaches on design. You could be the one who loves decontructivism type, or morphosis, or parametric, etc. As student, this is your time to explore, which suits you the best. Don't just design to fulfill your occularcentrism (google it =) )

    Anyway good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for noticing my blog and give me a lot of courage to learn Architecture :)

    Zaha Hadid is my biggest inspiration because her designs (inspired from some kind of futuristic thingy), simple & random shapes (just like you said) and when i see her masterpieces i just saw technology just flow into her design.

    The technique that you translate the design is just the same like my previous lecturer in CFS taught me which have starting and ending of something.I mean,it's greatest technique because other people can understand our design :)

    I have no idea with those terms(morphosis/occularcentrism)HAHA
    I have to explore those terms :D

    Thanks again bro! Insyaallah i'll do my best in Gombak.

    ReplyDelete